HOW DO I CLEAN MY SWIMWEAR?
To make sure your swimwear lasts over time, we recommend proper care and maintenance, including cleaning. Here are a few key recommendations if you want to extend the life of your swimwear:
- Don't leave it in sun. Nothing will ruin your suit quicker and dull the color faster, than leaving it out in the sun all day. Always make sure to hang your suit up to dry in a cool, shaded spot.
- Rinse it out. It doesn’t matter whether you go swimming in salt, fresh, or chlorinated water, always rinse it out. This will help keep its color and extend the swimwear’s life as any residues left behind cause the fabric’s fibers to become stained and can brake down over time.
- Hand wash or wash with delicates. It is best to wash your swimwear by hand. If you are going to wash it with everything else in the washing machine, try to wash it with other delicates and use detergent that is gentle on your clothes. We recommend you use cold water and never, EVER use bleach, not even color-safe bleach. We don’t recommend you use fabric softners when washing your swimwear either, it can break the delicate stretch in the fabric.
- Air dry it. Always air-dry your swimwear, preferably flat-dry in a place that will allow all-around ventilation.
- Wear sunscreen just make sure it doesn’t get on your suit. The chemicals in sunscreen can discolor your suit and can cause your suit to stain. We hope you always protect your skin, just make sure it doesn’t get on your suit. If it does, wash it off with fresh water as quickly as possible.
Now that you have all the tools you need to keep your bathing suits looking great for years to come, go have fun under the sun!